This web site is operated by
The Last Post Funeral Directory
A registered business name of Logical Ideas Pty Ltd (ACN 057919972)
Tel: +61 412 363 699
The Last Post understands and respects the privacy of the users of our website. To this end, we adhere to the following privacy policies, in line with the Australian National Privacy Principles enshrined in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (and subsequent amendments):
No attempt will be made to identify users through their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider's logs. (Privacy Principle 1, 2)
3.1 The Last Post uses the National Australia Bank’s credit and debit card payment system, nabTransact. This service is covered by the National Australia Bank's own Privacy Policies.
3.2 When making any payment using our website, the information you supply to us (your contact details and the amount you are required to pay) are transmitted to the National Australia Bank using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
3.3 In the movement between pages, you will be advised of direction to ‘Secure’ and ‘Non-Secure’ sites by warning messages displayed by your web browser.
3.4 The credit card information you then supply over the Internet is provided directly to the National Australia Bank and is not seen or retained at any stage by The Last Post but is processed by the National Australia Bank when you "Authorise Payment".
3.5 We then receive notification from the National Australia Bank of your contact details, the amount and date of payment and the purposes for which it was made, or of an unsuccessful attempt to pay. If the transaction is successful, the same information is sent to you as an email receipt confirming the transaction.
3.6 The information we receive in this way is used solely for business purposes associated with the administration of The Last Post ’s webpages.
4.1 We will use your e-mail address:
- when your Funeral Director has given it to us as the address of the Responsible Person making funeral arrangements or their delegate when adding a basic funeral listing to our site – we will send you one email with information about how to associate a Tribute Site with the basic funeral listing the Funeral Director has made.
- if you add a Funeral/Death Notice - we will use it as your user name for editing your notice and for ordinary business communication with you as a customer.
- if you purchase a Tribute Site - we will use it to send you a receipt, as your user name for designing and editing your Tribute Site, to allow you to approve or reject contributions submitted by others for the Tribute Site and for ordinary business communication with you as a customer.
- when you provide it as part of the process of submitting a contribution to someone else’s Tribute Site – the email address is retained by us only to notify you whether the submission is approved by the Responsible Person or rejected. It is not passed onto the Responsible Person, nor is it or content that is rejected retained by us.
- if you purchase or receive complimentary access to one of our notification services - we retain the email address provided in your request for the period of the subscription. At the end of that period we send a single email asking if you would like to resubscribe. You can also ask us to cease sending notifications at any stage during the period of the subscription if you contact us directly.
- when you send us a specific message by e-mail or through our website. In this instance, it will be used for replying to you directly only if you wish to have The Last Post ’s staff reply to your message. It will be added to The Last Post ’s mailing lists only if you request inclusion.
4.2 We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it to any third party without your consent. (Privacy Principle 1, 2)
5. Changes and deletions:
If at any time you wish to be removed from any of The Last Post ’s mailing lists, or wish to view, update, alter or delete any information we may have regarding you in our contacts database, please e-mail us. (Privacy Principles 3, 5, 6)
6. Personal information and unique identifiers:
We do not use any external identifiers to identify our contacts uniquely. The Last Post allows anonymous interaction wherever it is practical and does not transfer personal information internationally. We collect and publish any sensitive information about deceased persons only when it is already publicly available or where it has been approved by and has the consent of their executor, the person responsible for their funeral arrangements or the Funeral Director organising their funeral. (Privacy Principles 7, 8, 9, 10)
If you have a question or complaint regarding online privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.